How to Conduct Yourself During a Job Interview
- Refrain from dropping the “F” bomb during the phone interview.
- It’s not a good idea to bash your current boss and/or say you will not be giving your current boss a two week notice.
- Arrive on time. And, alone. Do not bring your spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, BFF or family members.
- Come appropriately dressed. Proper attire rarely includes tank tops, short shorts and flip flops. Wear clean clothes and show your basic human hygiene skills.
- Come to the interview sober/straight.
- During your interview refrain from smoking, chewing tobacco, chewing gum, playing internet games, using foul language and answering your cell phone.
- Believe it or not, having had fifteen different jobs in the last six months is NOT an asset. Your potential employer does not want to hear your complaints about previous employers.
- Don’t start complaining about the job as your potential employer describes work environment and the position to be filled.
- Do not, and I can not stress this enough, after having made two or more of the mistakes above, call your interviewer late at night to ask if you have the job.